Chocolate tasting is a great way to spend time with friends, family or business contacts! We love any intimate event, from team building workshops to bridal showers.
We can offer tastings at your own home or office, or in an external venue. For reasons of food safety, we do not offer factory tours. A private tasting is however a perfect alternative.
A tasting includes these items for each participant:
- Introduction to Thirty Six Foods as a social enterprise
- Introduction to cocoa in Nigeria and the world
- Presentation of the chocolate making process
- Touching and tasting of cocoa and chocolate at each stage of the production process: raw cocoa, cocoa nibs, cocoa butter and powder, unsweetened chocolate, and finally: chocolate
- Comparison between bean to bar and commercial chocolate
- Introduction to the chocolate flavour wheel and factors that affect flavour
- Guided tasting of Nigerian chocolate
- Tasting samples of 6 different flavours of Nigerian chocolate
- Tasting forms
- A coupon for 10% discount on your next chocolate purchase
- Opportunity to buy selected chocolate products at 10% discount after the event
- Your contribution to empowerment and employment of women and youth in Nigeria
Our private tastings take approximately 2 hours. Price is per person, and minimum group size is 10 participants. For groups larger than 20 members, we recommend splitting up the group to multiple sessions. We can work in your preferred air-conditioned venue, and you are welcome to arrange your own tea, coffee and refreshments. We will naturally adjust to your event dress code for a tasting in style.
Please contact us to tell us about your group, and set a date and venue. We appreciate if you can contact us at least two weeks before your event.